Saturday, August 20, 2011

new life

August 20, 2011

This is a photographic journey of a new life.  In truth this happened a year ago but it has taken me this long to decide that I need to let go.  Transitions are hard for me.  It is hard to know what to keep or not when a thirty year marriage comes crashing to and end.  Everything worked for over years and decades --- suddenly, really, no longer relevant.  Resources are not there.  I have pulled at the threads, knotted and tied but too much is gone to work it into an image.  I am about images and the joy of capturing light and color, form and shadow.  This is powerful to me.

I am presently in San Francisco but in approximately two weeks I will leave.  First I will make my way to Minneapolis, Minnesota where I will pick through the remnants of my past life to decide what I want or need.  Then I will make my way to North Carolina where I will spend the winter and spring with my sister.  Beyond that I have no idea what to expect. It is an evolution and - I am excited about the possibilities whatever they may be.

The poppies in the background were in one of my favorite places which was the Posh Squash Garden at The Sea Ranch in Northern Sonoma County California.  This was a cooperative community garden.   Other than the hummer who visited while I photographed, the poppies were my favorite subjects to shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment